Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Kjelle’s Syllabus
- Supplies Needed
All students must have the following supplies: 1) one subject binder or notebook specifically for History class; 2) Lots of pens (blue or black),pencils and highlighters; 3) Pocket Folder specifically for History Class.
The following supplies are optional, but highly encouraged: 1) Colored pencils, crayons, or markers; 2) Scissors; 3) Manual pencil sharpener,
- Areas of Study
Students will be studying various world cultures and civilizations from the Renaissance to the Cold War.
Grading is broken down in accordance with the District policy:
10 % Homework
20 % Quiz
20 % Class Work
25 % Tests and Exams
25 % Authentic Assessments/Projects
- Classroom Policies and Procedures
- All students are responsible for completing and handing in work on time OR turning in work to our Google Classroom page by the due date posted. Students who are absent from class are still responsible for checking and handing in classwork and homework that was assigned that day.
- Extra homework copies will be left in a designated location in the classroom for students to retrieve.
- Students are responsible for coming to class on time and prepared with the required class materials. Students are responsible for taking neat and organized notes during class. Students who are absent are responsible for getting the notes they missed from a classmate or myself.
- Students who are absent for an extended period of time due to excused medical reasons will be given the length of time they were absent from class to make up their missed assignments.
- Students who are absent on the day of the test or quiz are expected to be ready to take the quiz upon return to the class.
- Students who do not have access to a computer at home are still responsible for completing online assignments by their due dates. Students may use the school’s computer lab, my classroom before/after school, and the Orange Public Library to complete their work.
- Extra Help will be provided every day before school from 7:30 - 8:00 and after school upon request.
- My e-mail address at school is Kjellema@orange.k12.nj.us. Please contact me with any questions or concerns that you have throughout the school year!