Access to my googleclassroom code: (see below)
GOOGLEMEET Code: eigqcnvgq2
Remind Me : Sent a text to 81010 & Text this message @french1op
Phase 1 – French Schedule
Period 8: French 1
Orange Preparatory Academy
INTRO TO FRENCH 1
My E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Web Page: www.orange.k12.nj.us
Textbook: T’es branche
This course is designed to linguistically orient how students acquire and learn the French language in the Middle School & High School levels. They will study the State and National Language Standards along with New Jersey World Languages Curriculum Framework and apply these to innovation comprehension of simple, oral/written directions/ commands, and requests through appropriate physical responses, and demonstrate comprehension of oral and written instructions connected to daily activities. The course is for 9th graders -freshmen students- and/or first –time students taking French, which means it will be accommodated to our scholars based on their basic knowledge in the French language.
Objectives of the course
This course will address the five C’s: Communication, Culture, Community, Comparison, and Connection. The students in the class will use the French language and cultural knowledge to express themselves orally, and to create simple paragraphs while writing.
Standard 7.1 World Languages:
All students will be able to use a world language in addition to English in meaningful conversation, to understand and interpret spoken and written language, and to present information, concepts and ideas while also gaining an understanding of the perspectives of other cultures. Through language study, they will make connections with other content areas, compare the language and culture studied with their own, and participate in home and global communities.
- Interpretive Mode of communication, in which students demonstrate understanding of spoken and written communication within appropriate cultural contexts
- Interpersonal Mode of communication, in which students engage in direct oral and/or written others.
- Presentational Mode of communication, in which students present , orally and/or in writing, information, concepts and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers with whom there is no immediate interaction.
Course Topics: Below you will find the content/context for each unit.
Unit 1 – All About Me
Unit 2 – School Days
Unit 3 – Home, Sweet, Home
Unit 4 – Food, Glorious Food
Unit 5 – Celebrations!
Unit 6 – Migratory Animals
Unit 7 – Future
-Attendance is mandatory
- All homework assignments must be completed before class time and turned as scheduled.
-Class participation, class work
-All students must adhere to all class rules and regulations.
- Be in class daily and on time
- Be always prepared
- Follow directions
- Listen while others are speaking
- Work quietly and do not disturb others
- Respect others
- Obey school policy
- NOTEBOOK, PEN and/or PENCIL and FOLDER must be brought in class at all times.
- Oral presentation including dialogs, graded by rubric
- Short-term and long-term projects graded by rubric
- Compositions graded by rubric
- Quizzes & Tests
- Homework, Class work & Class participation
- 30% of the grade consists of tests, quizzes (in some cases mid-terms and finals).
- 15% of the grade consists of class participation (questioning, discussion, problem solving, team work, and offering relevant comments).
- 20% of the grade consists of class work (journals, logs, assignments, tasks, demonstrations, skill applications).
- 25% of the grade consists of Authentic Assessments (portfolios, performance assessments, projects, 21st Century real world experiences)
10% of the grade is Homework (including long term projects i.e. essays, research, and 20 to 60 minute reading depending upon grade level). (Orange PUBLIC SCHOOLS, GRADING PROMOTION, RETENTION GUIDELINES)
-Use all current methodology/technology to create exciting, creative, and simple conversations and written activities.
- Provide each student with a meaningful understanding of the development of the French language proficiency for communication and short writing activities.
Lisons comme ça - multilevel French reader
(Orange PUBLIC SCHOOLS, GRADING, PROMOTION, RETENTION GUIDELINES)